Food : Tasty Taste-buds

Traditionally, farming and hunting is the main food source as well as the main occupation of the Ibans. However, it is not sufficient and they need to buy additional food to supplement what they grow.



 Unless it is an important festival such as the Gawai (Harvest) Festival, the foods cooked are usually simple and traditional. The picture shows cucumber and sliced sausages prepared for lunch.



The picture shows banana stem with chicken meat. One of the most popular dishes for the Ibans as banana trees grow easily and easy to obtain. The dish is fibrous and nutritious, usually cooked with meat chunks.



The picture shows mee kolok, one of the most popular foods in Sarawak. Mee kolok or “mi kering” means dry noodle. The noodle (yee mee) usually served with soup or soy sauce as well as steamed, sliced or minced meat.

3 comments:

  1. I miss Kolok Mee so much! And I do really learned something new from this blog, although I am a Sarawakian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh myy, mee kolok!! love that food. yum-yum!!

    ReplyDelete